Why I offer freebies
Why do I offer freebies? I get asked a lot by friends and family, about why I offer freebies like this, or spend so much time on a free product. There are a couple different reasons for that. I thought I’d share some of those with you today!
1. This time of year, I spend a lot of time experimenting with what I want to paint and sell in the busier months. I try out different subject matter, have fun playing around or just paint the random things that my brain. The freebies help motivate me to do this. They encourage me to explore new inspiration and things to paint, and push me to physically sit down and paint them. Because we all know, the physical act of just sitting down to start something can be the hardest, scariest, and most overwhelming part, even when it’s something you enjoy.
2. I appreciate you all so much, whether you’ve supported me in sales, or just by liking a post I share, it means the world to me. So I want to be able to give something back to you all in as many ways that I can think of.
3. Whether this is a good thing or not, I’m definitely an artist first, and business person second. And like a lot of artists, I find it SO hard to be “salesly” and push people to buy my art. But this is how I make a living, and I love that it is, and want it to stay that way. So I try to as authentically as possible share with you my art and what's available to buy. Then to balance that out, I offer these freebies online and post painting videos on my instagram ( because I’ve heard how many of you like watching those on repeat to fall asleep haha, maybe I need a youtube channel). I want/ and hope that you see what I offer as enjoyable and inspiring and not just someone trying to peddle their art to you.
4. I know that art is a luxury, and not everyone has the means for it. So I create these freebies for someone who might not be able to purchase even if they want to. We all deserve to have a little art in our space that makes us smile.
5. Lastly, I love connecting with you all about the freebies, how you printed them, how you shared them, or decorated with them in your home. I love getting your input on what your favorites are and what I should paint next. With your help, these freebies have inspired some of my favorite pieces to date, and some of my best selling prints.
If read all that, thank you!
Leave a comment